A medical referral is not necessary to access our service. Our services may be claimed through health funds. Please contact your fund directly for details of your eligibility and rebates.
You will require a Medical referral if:
- You are claiming through Medicare (check eligibility with your doctor)
- You are a Veteran’s Affairs Gold Card Holder (Note DVA does not cover high care residents)
- You are attending our MBS clinic.
Note: Payment is generally required at the time of service unless otherwise arranged.
- Health Fund Rebates: Rebates may be available from your health fund depending on your level of cover. Check with your own fund for details.
- Medicare Rebates: You may be eligible for rebates for Speech Pathology from Medicare for up to 5 sessions per year. This requires a specific referral (enhanced primary care) from your doctor who will determine your eligibility. We will require a copy of the doctor’s EPC referral dated on or before the date of the session. Current rebate for Speech Pathology is $53.80 per session.
PLEASE NOTE: A session rebate can only be claimed from Medicare or your Health Fund, not both.
Other Funding Options:
- DVA clients: With a doctor’s referral – up to 12 sessions per cycle may be covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs for DVA Gold Card Holders. Another referral is required if additional sessions are required. DVA will generally not cover services for permanent residents in high care facilities.
- NDIS participants: No referral is required. We will require details of how your plan is managed. Check our NDIS page for details.
- Home Care Packages: If you have a home care package your speech pathology service may be covered within the budget. Please contact your package coordinator to ask.